Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process improvement training and appraisal program and service administered and marketed by Carnegie
Mellon University (CMU) and required by many DoD and U.S. Government contracts, especially in software development.
CMU claims CMMI can be used to guide process improvement across a project, division, or an entire organization.
CMMI defines the following maturity levels for processes: Initial, Managed and Defined. Currently supported is CMMI Version 1.3.
CMMI currently addresses three areas of interest:
1. Product and service development - CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV),
2. Service establishment, management, - CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC), and
3. Product and service acquisition - CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ).
We specialize in consulting and appraisal for CMMI-DEV. We initially do a Gap Analysis of your existing processes to find the gap w.r.t. to CMMI model. We then define each and every process of your QMS and guide your Project Managers to create the project documentation. These documents then keep maturing to the satisfaction of CMMI model.
PCS's CMMI consulting offerings include:
1. Gap/Current State analysis - Determine Orgaization Maturity
2. Process Improvement Strategy/Roadmap
3. Process Improvement Planning
4. Process Definitions
5. Establish Measurement framework
6. Process Implementation Services Trainings
7. SQA Services
8. SCAMPI "C" , "B" and "A" Assessments
The PCS team can give you the desired level of QUALITY output, that will reduce your cost and improves ROI.
CMMI and SCAMPI are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and should be read in the same context.